Hey everyone and HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
I’ve always loved Fridays. Even now that I don’t work a traditional 9-5 job, I still love the feeling of a week winding down and kickstarting the weekend. #friYAY.
I am so excited to be adding a new segment on the blog called Fun Fridays! These will be light-hearted posts about food, family, home DIY projects, and basically anything that I consider FUN in my current world. Let me know if there are any specific things you’d like me to talk about in these posts!
And of course, you will still keep on seeing the regular long-winded overly honest posts that keep you coming back for more. 😉
So without further ado (a-do*? uh-do?… carry on) lets jump right in to our first FUN FRIDAY post!
My Favorite Podcasts in 5 categories!
Ever since I started working from home a few years ago, I’ve gotten into the habit of listening to podcasts. I’m one of those people that works best with something else going on in the background. I’m currently writing this while catching up on The Voice. Yaaassss. But for the most part, especially when I’m working my regular job I try to have podcasts going instead of the TV, because I’ve found them to be inspirational, educational, and even sometimes give me that same feeling you get after a really great conversation with a sweet friend.
Encouraging and Uplifting Podcasts:
- The Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey: Oh how I love this podcast! Jamie Ivey is an author, speaker, a wife to a pastor, a mom… I’m convinced she’s superwoman. She is super authentic and real, as are the awesome ladies that she interviews on the show. This is a podcast I always look forward to listening to!
- That Sounds Fun with Annie F. Downs: Oh my girl Annie. I feel like we’re friends in real life, because that’s how her show makes you feel! She interviews only people she knows in real life, so it truly makes me feel like I’m eavesdropping on conversations, and truly, that’s a passion of my life. Haha! Annie is so raw and I learn so much about God through her show. I’ve laughed, cried, and everything in between while listening, and she helped me discover the enneagram, which brings me to my next category…
Podcasts about the Enneagram: These are kind of self-explanatory. They are all so good and eye-opening and I certainly recommend them if you are diving into learning the Enneagram! (Which you should!)
- The Worship Together Podcast I love this show for the incredible guests they get to interview and for the real talk moments about what it’s like to be in worship ministry. Love the episodes with Cody Carnes, Taya Smith, and Brooke Ligertwood – and so many more!
- Beyond Sunday Worship Leader Podcast Another great one! Like Worship Together in how they bring on guests from the Worship/Christian music world. Lots of episodes and super valuable conversations.
- One Life with Chris & Jenni I just recently started listening to this podcast, and while it may not be classified as a “marriage” podcast, I count it as one because they are a couple in ministry together. I enjoy their dynamic and am excited to listen to more!
- Fierce Marriage I enjoy this couple’s authenticity in talking about the struggles and blessings of marriage! They are super open and not afraid to talk about the harder things, I enjoy listening to them!
- Reaching Out with Zack Carter Zack is a great friend of mine and has been killing it with this podcast. I encourage you to go listen and leave a review for him. Because he’s awesome! He interviews people of all different opinions and political sides to talk about the current state of our world. It’s helped me with understanding other perspectives and staying informed with what’s going on. I can’t wait for Season 2!
- Christy Wright’s Business Boutique This podcast gets me all revved up about business and creativity. Christy is part of the Dave Ramsey team and is full of practical information about starting (and succeeding at) your business, and also, she’s super fun and hilarious! I love the way she talks in an inspiring, yet down to earth tone.
What are some of your favorite podcasts to listen to? Let me know in the comments and I will check them out!